Friday, March 29, 2013

Spectacular Spring Motorcycle Ride

I have been riding our Yamaha Stratoliner motorcycle as a passenger for the last 6 years. My husband, Robert, is a wonderful driver and I love sitting on the back on my comfy seat with floor boards to rest my feet and a sissy bar to lean against. I relax and take in all the beauty around me...

Living in spectacular Northern California in the San Francisco Bay Area, we love taking day trips to wine country, the Russian River area, Point Reyes and West Marin, and riding down the breathtaking California coast. These mini staycations bring an amazing sense of freedom, joy and fun to our lives. 

I am, however, a fair weather rider...I ride when the temperature is between 60 and 90 degrees. Well...spring has sprung in the San Francisco Bay Area and I took my first ride in awhile.

The hills were green, the hawks were flying, the cows were grazing, the sky was blue and everything was new and fresh. On our way back from Point Reyes Station, one of the most spectacular sights were the vast fields of blooming mustard plants. Their soft yellow flowers shone brightly in the sun and beckoned us to stop, take pictures...and embrace the moment!

I am looking forward to many spring motorcycle rides 
and will share more pictures and adventures soon...
Thanks for visiting!

I would love to hear about some of your spring adventures...





2 comments:

  1. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here in Quebec the bikes are still sleeping in the garage. But spring is here, the snow is melting and soooooooooooooooooon we will be able to hit the road once again!
    Thank you for that sweet reminder! After 5 months of winter, feeling the wind in my face and taking in all that I can while biking (as a passenger also) will be soooooooooooooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie-Terre...Yes! It will feel good once you start riding again...I will be thinking of you during my next ride! Let me know when you start riding again...Enjoy!

      Delete