Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Sunflower Center

I have recently begun eating predominately raw foods and was happy to discover The Sunflower Center and cafe in Petaluma, California. I live in Marin County only 20 minutes away.


Lydia's Organics, Lydia's Lovin' Foods and The Sunflower Center are owned by Lydia Kindheart. Lydia has been following her passion of nurturing and educating people through her organic, raw, and vegan foods for almost 30 years.

My first experience at the Center was wonderful. I was greeted and lovingly assisted by Marilyn and Natasha, two of the sunflowers that grace the center. I first wandered around the large relaxing space filled with tables, a children's area, music stage, retail areas, library with comfy couches, hanging chairs, and windows everywhere.

The Sunflowers: Marilyn and Natasha

After perusing the center I ordered the Raw Sampler Plate ($12) which was delivered to my table in just a few minutes. It included the Collard Wrap with a side of Sesame Dill Sauce, Kreemy Pizza, Kale Salad, Purple Goddess Salad, Green Soup, and Coconut Almond Hummus with Lydia's Green Crackers.
WOW! It was all amazing! So flavorful, fresh, creative, beautiful and all raw. 

I purchased cacao powder, sesame tahini, coconut almond hummus, green crackers, and sesame dill sauce from their retail food section to take home. They also have a beautiful and yummy looking dessert counter.

I highly recommend Lydia's Organic Sunflower Center Cafe. I will be eating there frequently and will be bringing my husband and friends. They also have cooked vegan foods available which looked super delicious. And, they are open everyday. See their website for details on hours, menu and all their fun events.
I felt the Lovin' in Lydia's Food!

 

 

 

  What are your favorite raw food restaurants?




No comments:

Post a Comment